Thursday, March 1, 2007

Malaysian-Indian-movie-men...

So I was walking along some road in PJ state today - with my dad might I add, when some loser guy makes this sound at me. It was a cross between a fake European-esq air kiss and a curry-mee noddle slurp...yuck!

So, much to my dad's horror, I turned around and informed the guy that making such sounds was in no way an appropriate means of attaining a young lady's attention (let alone affection). I then continued to ask him if he had ever gotten a girl that way...He just stared and blinked back. I figured that either he didn't understand me, or he wanted to curse at me but held back on account of my dad being there.

It's not the first time a guy has made that awful sound at me - and I know for sure that I am not the only lady out there who has been noodle-slurped at. I really don't know how these guys get girls at all - but that is definitely not the way to go about it!

I figured out that these guys - sadly Indian, are getting their 'inspiration' from the Indian movies - correction - Tamil movies.

Before I go on, I must state that I do not condone the watching of lame, unimaginative Tamil movies, where people chop limbs off of others in fights, and men drink, smoke and work and women stay at home and cook...where the men come back at 3am drunk and the women meekly ask "have you eaten?". Hell no. That is not what I watch.

In the Tamil movies, guys make ridiculous noises at the girls - and almost always make stupid - and usually insulting comments at girls when they walk past them.

And next thing you know, the loser guys here are mimicking this pathetic 'tactic' and us girls are getting the bad end of it all.

In the Tamil movies, the 'cool' guys smoke and chop people up in fights.
Hang on a minute...that's exactly what the (self proclaimed) 'cool' Tamil guys in Malaysia do too...

In Tamil movies the 'cool' guy is never an investment banker, or a CEO of a Fortune 500 company...but a cab driver, or a jobless troublemaker...
Yes...I do believe that is yet another thing that is evident in the Tamil community here...

See a pattern folks?

I know I speak for hundreds of young Tamil girls in Malaysia when I say that I hate it when guys make comments at me/to me when I walk past them - and I can guarantee that it will not yield any attention from myself or any other self-respecting young woman. In fact lately, it has been getting quite the opposite...I have resulted in questioning these guys about the success rate of their tactics merely to baffle, annoy and perhaps...maybe...provoke a little thought in their Tamil-movie-infested brains...

We women deserve to be wooed. Where are the gentlemen? The ones who approach us confidently, slightly smiling, and use exciting double-entendres and un-heard of lines, that leave us in a daze and wanting more?

Well, wherever they are - it's not here.

So don't blame us girls who go off and find men outside of Malaysia. They know how to talk to us. And even better still, they know how to listen too.

No comments: