Monday, February 26, 2007

Adebayor - I was right


As I mentioned in my initial response to the Arsenal v Chelsea Carling Cup Final, I do not know why Adebayor was dismissed.
As such, it has been reported today in the papers and the wonderful BBC online (one of the best sources for news ever) that the 21-year old striker has filed a claim with the FA for wrongful dismissal.

The Togo international said in a statement to Arsenal news that he had only wanted to calm things down. This sounds about right. From the few Arsenal matches I have seen in person (yes - at Emirates) and the hundreds I have watched on telly, I can tell that he is one of the nicest players. He always gets the crowd going, and is the first to smile and shake his head.
He is an asset to the team and a 3-match ban is pretty hefty a penalty to pay - especially since I saw a certain other player tugging and punching who didn't get such a severe punishment...
Lets see what happens though....

No comments: